Welcome to my nest!
If you’re a book fanatic, then let’s meet up and be friends!
Hello, I’m Just A Girl High on Books! It’s hard to write something on the first page of your blog, knowing fully well that people are bound to judge you, or make an impression of you solely based on this. I don’t have a magically interesting story that will make you wander through these pages. Really, reading came easy to me. I don’t have one of those stories where my parents didn’t let me touch books, objected to my reading and threw some of them away. (Yes, they confiscated all of them once but only because I was in 11th and they wanted me to focus on my studies for the coming two years. Not that I understood this back then—stupid me!)
I’ve been reading books since a long time now. My mom had a collection of Hindi books from her youth days that I have spent my childhood reading. To be honest, she is the one who prompted me to pick up a book in the first place. She and my youngest paternal aunt, who was also a fan of books (and comics) in our teenage. Together the two of them dotted on me, asking me again and again to read books and here I am today—a book reviewer, thanks to both of them.
I started this blog because a lot of people would time and again ask me for book recommendations, or how a particular book is, and how on earth can I read Indian authors. I don’t want to sound mean or something, but after a point, it really became infuriating. So I figured, with this blog, I can let my fellow readers know of the many books that they should and should not pick up. If they want to ask about a particular book, they can just read my review of it. And lastly, I can explain them how despite the belief, every Indian author is not bad.
So here I am—a book reviewer and hoarder. I promise you that none of the reviews I give here are fake. Yes, your interest may be different from mine and yes, you might not like my choices, but I promise you, I’ll try to keep a review neutral for as long as I can. And if you don’t like my reviews, then you can always suggest me on ways to improve. My contact details are there in the Contact forum.
Other than that, here are some of the links that I think might help you:
- Reviews A-Z – A list of all of my reviews in alphabetical order.
- Authors Reviewed – A list of all the reviews segregated on the basis of the authors.
- Review Policy – The policy I use when I review. I suggest you take a look at this before requesting.
- Books I Recommend – The beautiful novels I’ve read and recommend. (If you’re a new reader, I think you should go here first!)
- Poetry – I write and upload poetry (just as a side activity) and this link contains the poetry I’ve uploaded here.
- #ShePensHerWords – A new hashtag I’ve started. Feel free to join in. This link will take you to all of my #ShePensHerWords posts.
- Editing Services – I provide editing services to authors so if you’re interested in that, then you can find it by going through the given link.
I also have a few columns in the sidebar that might help:
- My latest reviews.
- The novels reviewed segregated based on the different age groups and genres.
- My current reads on Goodreads. (You can connect with me there, too! – my link is at the bottom of the page, along with my Instagram and Twitter links.)
- The next two reviews I would post.
- My Instagram pictures (that is just to let you know, I use Instagram, too. Haha!)
Thank you for stopping by. I hope you don’t leave without following me! (And believe me, I only use such statements when talking about social media.)